Friday 3 June 2011

Birthday Card - Elle - My First Copic Card

My friend Elle recently celebrated her birthday.  The birthday card that I gave her was my first ever Copic card and my first ever easel card.  I'm very happy with this card.  I don't usually work with so much purple, for me I generally use it as an accent colour, but because purple is her favourite colour I decided that it was going to be shades of purple. The colours came together really well and even if I do say so myself, I'm very proud of how my copic colour came out.

Recently I'd done a class at Wrapped In Paper, as well as a quick lesson from my friend Robyn, she works for Arnold's Scrapbooking, when I was recently in Queensland and absorbing all the information from the Lime Tart Copic Club tutorials.

I've taken two photos, one of the card and the other a close up of my copic colour. The photo doesn't look as good as the real thing, but it is a pretty good reflection of my effort. I also know that Elle, and everyone else I showed it to, loves the card and appreciates the work gone into it. I'm so hooked on copics, it's just so much fun.

If anyone is interested, it is a Loralie stamp that I purchased from my friends shop, Keep It Simply Stamping and I used the following copic colours:
  • Skin = E51, E21, E11
  • Hair = E25, E29 and a touch of E49 then removed a bit with the blender '0'
  • Cuttlebug = YG00, YG03, W1 and W3
  • Top/Pants/Ribbon = BV000, BV02 and BV08
  • Shoes = W1, W3 and W7
  • Jewellery/Handbag & Lips = R11 and R17
  • Tote = V12 and V17
  • Items in Tote - various and I forgot to record

 Elle's birthday card
close up of my copic card
Cheers FiLoMa

2 comments:

Ann Craig said...

Wow Fi, you captured Elle very well with this image. Love the card - colours, layout and everything just beautiful.

Ann x

cosie said...

Fiona this is gorgeous. Your copic skills are great and look forward to lots more copic coloured images.
Jenny.