Monday 18 February 2013

Wedding Card

On Friday I was asked if I would make a wedding card.  My work colleague hasn't been able to find a card that she likes and was wanting a more unique card.  She is to be a bridesmaid in the wedding.  I said that I would give it a go.

Last year I purchased the Webster's pages In Love and embellishment collection kit and I knew that this paper collection would be perfect for a wedding card.  It took me a little while to decide what type of card I wanted to do, especially given the size of the images in the paper pack, as it is a 12"x12" collection kit.  In the end my original thought of a tri-shutter card was the best option.  I modified the measurements slightly to allow for the size of the carriage.  I'm very happy with how this card turned out.  I also decided to add a bold colour in the image that I coloured, working with my Blue Green copics, since that is what I was told the bridesmaids would be wearing.

Once again with the tri-shutter I have made a small envelope so that a personal message can be written and hidden from the public view.  Without further ado, here is the card.

 Full view of card
 Left view of card showing the lovely carriage
Right view of card showing 'Fancy'

Supplies:
  • Black cardstock
  • Pattern Paper: Webster's Pages "In Love & Embellishment" Collection Kit
  • Spellbinders Nestabilities: Classic Long Rectangle "Small" and Classic Scallop Long Rectangle "Small"
  • Digi: Saturated Canary "Fancy"
  • Glimmer Mist: Vanilla Breeze
  • Tim Holtz Metal Embellishment "Crown"
  • Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers & Crown Pin
  • Prima Say it in Pearls "Swirls & Fimo Cream"
  • Copics: E000, E00, E21 (Skin) / BG09, BG13, BG15 (Ribbon/Gloves) / R35, R37, YG06, YG09 (flowers & leaves) / R37 (Lips) / 0, C1, C3, Ct (Dress) / E33, E35, E37, E47, E49 (Hair)
  • Heart bling from cheap shop
Cheers FiLoMa

1 comment:

lou14 said...

Hi Fiona, I love your card, it's fab!!! your layout and design are really lovely and your colours. Love it!!!