Saturday 1 August 2015

FMAK #2/2015 - Layout Share - Good Times in the Sunshine

Hello my fellow crafters. Today I have taken the time to make this layout and post it on the same day.  Last night I confirmed that I wanted to scrap these photos and selected the papers I wanted to use.  As I mentioned in my previous post I'm not really a green type of girl for scrapping, but I fell in love with this paper when I saw it. It is from the Kaisercraft "All that Glitters" paper collection. I decided I would not focus on the green but instead worked on making the gold splats, which are part of the paper, being more noticable.  I did that by using quite a bit of gold in my design and not just as an accent piece.

The layout is based on this Sketch Savvy double page sketch.  Unfortunately I couldn't find this layout on their blog so it is a screen shot from a fellow scrapper who recently did a layout based on this design. However, if you click on the sketch it will take you to the Sketch Savvy blog so you can check out their other sketches if you are interested.

 Sketch Savvy Blog

You will see from my layout that my photos are landscape and not portrait so I had to make a few concessions. I'm really happy with how it all seemed to come together.  Even though I was working from a sketch this layout still took me about 2.5 hours.  No wonder I never get many layouts down.

It is a double page spread. Here is a photo of the double page together.


Here is the left side page of the double page spread.


And here is the right side page of the double page spread.


The embellishments used on the page also came from the Kaisercraft "All that Glitters" collectables packet and the thickers are by Amy Tangerine called "Grace".

Cheers FiLoMa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing take on that sketch! Your butterfly cluster is just adorable.
~ iliana :-)