Sunday 23 August 2015

Scrapbooking - Sit with SANTA I don't think so

Hi fellow crafters. Today I'm sharing with you a scrapbook layout I did of me, my brother and my dad during Xmas, approx 1974.

My brother and I were having our photo taken with Santa. However, I did not like Santa and would not sit for the photo. To calm me down my dad had to come in to the photo and so I sat on his knee. I was having nothing to do with Santa.  Poor Santa!!!

The base cardstock is red and I have layered a piece of pattern paper from Pebbles on top.  I have also included some mixed media, but only a little, modeling paste and mist splatters.  I have added a few layers behind my photo, added the usual doily you will seen on the majority of my layouts and several chipboard embellishments, sequins and washi tape.

I didn't use a kit for this layout. However, I had a fair idea of what product I wanted to use and gradually over a few months put those items to one side for when I was ready to actually scrap the page.

I have done a process video for those of you who may be interested in seeing how this layout came together.  The link to the process video is below the photo.

The layout took me about 1 hour to put together.

Photo

YouTube
FiLoMa's Process Video #12/2015
Sit with SANTA I don't think so
Cheers FiLoMa

No comments: