Tuesday 27 November 2007

Stampin' Up Demo Training Card Swap

On Sunday 25 November 2007 I attended my first Demo Training Session with my upline Roslyn Vest. As part of this group, Roslyn runs a card front swap, just like what was done for the SU Regional Sydney event. Prior to becoming an SU demo, I really only had cardstock, ribbon, inks and stamps. When I became a demo, my start kit consisted of these products again, but no additional embellishments, which was what I am wanting to build on. As such, when I placed my first order, I decided to get some brads. Working with what I had, what I received in my starter kit & my first order arriving before my training session, I was able to produce the following card front for my swap:

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin’ Up ®

This basic design for this card came from Suzanne Kohler, published in the Stamping & Papercraft magazine Vol 13 No 3. If you have this magazine you will see that Suzanne has used different stamp sets, different colours and it looks like she created a square (6" x 6") card, where as my card front is 6" x 4". I'm really happy with how my cardfront turn out. I did use the SU colour chart just to make sure that the colours did come together.

The project recipe for this cardfront is:
  • Stamp Sets: Simply Said (108915) and Itty Bitty Backgrounds (108850)
  • Inks: Brocade Blue (101102)
  • Cardstock/Paper: Bordering Blue (102265); Sage Shadow (108620); Pool Party (104136) and Whisper White (106549)
  • Ribbon: Bluebird (100538)
  • Accessories: Brilliant Blue Brads (106957); Pastels (105542) (Sage Shadow) and Mini Glue Dots (103683)
  • Tools: Stamp-a-mi-jig (101049)
This card design is one that I will certainly play around with for other colour combinations, as I like the simple layout that this card offers.

In addition to the card fronts that we each swapped, we also made the following Xmas card:

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin’ Up ®

This card design was supplied from the Stampin' Up Demonstrator web page. It really show cases the new beautiful SU Xmas papers, the 2007/2008 In Colours True Thyme & Cranberry Crisp. This design is one that many of my family & friends will be receiving. Making this card is very quick and simple.

I'm now trying to work out what I will do for my next demo cardfront swap. I'm excited about trying to come up with a design that I like, the other girls in the swap would like and my friends/family would like.
Cheers FiLoMa

No comments: