Saturday 11 August 2012

Card: WIP Card Competition - August 2012

I've previously purchased Wrapped In Paper (WIP) card competition kits but never got around to making the card and participating in the competition. I decided to participate in the August card competition to stretch/challenge myself. Since joining the Creative Card Crew design team and trying to playing more in other challenges, I find that I'm my creative mojo is in full swing and I just want to see what I can do.

The rules of the WIP card competition is that you must use a little of everything in your kit, but you are allowed to add to the card with your own stash.

I decided to make a tri-shutter card. I'm loving this style card at the moment, it just opens itself up for creativity.

Here is a list and photo of the kit contents:
  • 1 - 12"x12" pattern paper
  • 2 - 6"x12" cardstock (1 x blue & 1 x white)
  • 1 - 6"x12" pattern paper border strip
  • 1 x small wooden peg
  • 5 x blue bling stars
  • 1 x approx 6" ribbon (white)
  • 1 x fabric flower rose style


Here is a close up of the kit contents:

 front side of 12"x12" pattern paper
 reverse side of 12"x12" pattern paper
 front side of 6"x12" pattern paper border strip
 reverse side of 6"x12 pattern paper border strip
 approx 6" ribbon
 bling and peg
ribbon flower

Here is the card I made using the above kit contents plus a few extra pieces from my own stash. My supplies:
  • Stamps: Just Johanna Swirly Background 100W / Kraftin Kimmie Princess Petunia
  • Embellishments: clear embossing powder mixed with Stampin' Up! dazzling diamonds / washi tape / Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and crown pin) / Key (I think 7gypsies but can't really recall) / Glimmer Mist - Pink Bubblegum, Cranberry Zing, Turquoise Blue & Jack O'Lantern / Nestabilities Labels 11 / Kaisercraft bling
  • Inks: Versamark / Tim Holtz Salty Ocean distress ink / Momento black
  • Copics: E50, E51, E53, W3, B05 & 0

 Tri-shutter card full view
I stamped the Just Johanna background onto the white card stock and then heat embossed clear embossing powder mixed with dazzling diamonds and then used the glimmer mists to get the colour to form the background pattern
 top left and side of card
close up of butterfly I fussy cut from 12"x12 paper
 close up of WOC flowers and crown pin
another butterfly fussy cut from border strip
close up of left hand panel
 Kraftin Kimmie Princes Petunia hat & dress paper pieced
 close up of right hand panel
Tim Holtz dress form die, WOC flowers, fussy cut butterflies
 Tim Holtz dress form die made from cereal box &
swooshed with Tim Holts salty ocean distress ink
skirt of die is made from the ribbon in the kit
The ribbon is hot glued down & colour using Glimmer Mist
 close up of WOC flowers, ribbon rose from kit
fussy cut butterfly
 Kaisercraft bling used for centre of ribbon rose
 close up of key & fussy cut butterflies
 I think this is a 7 gypsies key, but I can't really recall
 close up of message area
Nestabilities labels 11
I decided to stick this down
I also used the wooden peg from the kit to hold it in place
I stuck a butterfly to the wooden peg
 view of the top centre panel
WOC flowers and fussy cut butterflies
washi tape "live laugh love"
view of the bottom centre panel
WOC flowers and fussy cut butterflies
washi tape "live laugh love"

I had so much fun making this card & really happy with what I was able to create from the kit. There are so many talented ladies/gents out there that have helped to inspire me with this style card.
Cheers FiLoMa

No comments: