Saturday 27 February 2016

Calvinball 2016

Hello my fellow crafter.  I have decided to participate in the Calvinball challenge hosted on the Get it Scrapped (GiS) Forum.  I have never participated in this type of challenge before, and come to think of it I don't think I've even participated in any challenges in the past, but I thought it would be fun to give this challenge a go.

Calvinball, which was created by Doris Sander and Celest Smith, is based on the 1980's comic strip Calvin and Hobes.  If you would like to know more about how it started, check out the podcast Calvinball: The Original Story over at the Digital Scrapbooking HQ.

Clabinball 2016 runs 1-31 March.  The aim of Calvinball is to have fun and participate in the community over at GiS.  You earn points for different projects, for example one point for a scrapbook layout.  The rules change constantly and can be added to by participants as they play.

As this is my first time participating in Calvinball I really don't know what to expect.  My focus is to ensure I have fun while trying to make as many layouts as I can, and to find inspiration, and maybe provide inspiration, from my fellow challengers.

I haven't really prepped to much for this. However, I do already have three homemade kits that I can use and have set them up on my craft desk for easy accessibility.

I plan to use the following kits, which you can find more information on by clicking on the link for that kit:


I have also done up a quick video showing how my craft room is set up for this challenge.

YouTube
FiLoMa's set up for Calvinball 2016


If you haven't heard of Calvinball, I recommend checking it out and consider joining in the fun over at GiS.  I know that it is going to be a great motivator for me to try and make as many scrapbook layouts and possibly art journal pages while using up my existing stash.

Cheers FiLoMa


2 comments:

Maribeth said...

Great prepping for CalvinBall, hope you get all your goals met during the event. See you there!

Tina Campbell said...

Fantastic prepping :) for Calvinball :) Have fun with it :)