Sunday 13 January 2008

Cards made Sun 13 Jan 08

In amongst my reading, movie watching, eating and just being hot, I made three cards today.

This first card, see below, I made two of, sticking to my 2008 Art Resolutions to make 2 of each card I make. These two cards were made for no other reason than wanting to use my new Pink Cat Studio stamps. This stamp, stamps up really well. For a moment there I wasn't happy with what I had done, even though the stamp, stamped beautifully. I think next time instead of using my H2O's, I'll use shimmer chalks and I'll use black ink instead of brown. However, I am happy with the final outcome, the card has grown on me during the day and I do like the colour of the cardstock I selected. For those of you who may not know, I love bling, whether it be brads or stickles, I just love the cards to sparkle. Also, to help me with my card, I went to Isabel's little corner blog to see how she had used the stamp. This is why I think next time to use chalks.


Pink Cat Studio
Cat Plate #1

This second card was done as part of the yahoo group "cards_r_us" January 2008 sketch challenge. I have posted the sketch challenge earlier, but here it is again to see as well as my card. I am happy with the card, though I do find it is quite simple.


"cards_r_us"
January 2008 - Sketch Challenge

Even though I only made 3 cards in total today, it did take up about half of my day. I don't always have a clear picture of what I want my card to look like, so often when I identify a stamp I want to use, I then have to think about how I want that to turn out, what decorative paper and embellishments I want to use with it.

And, at the moment, it is just hot, hot, hot here in Canberra, Australia & it shows no signs of letting up.
Cheers FiLoMa

1 comment:

** Isa ** said...

Weel at the moment it's cold cold here in the uk!!!!!!! and wet too :o(... Love the colours you used for this card... and the bling... and the brads... Fab card!

Hugs xxx