Wednesday 25 June 2014

Scrapbooking - Kit #01 - layout share "Just Hanging Around"

Hello fellow crafters. Today I bring you another scrapbook layout with a process video. I'm really enjoying doing process videos and being able to share the way I put a layout together.

This layout will be opposite the layout titled "Ring Ring".  Since they were going to be side by side, I decided to use the BoBunny Modern Miss paper collection.

I layered my photo on to some pattern paper. I then layered this onto one of the 6"x6" cut outs from the paper collection. I also cut around the decorative element on this 6" piece of paper in order to slide my photo under it and allow the decorative element to be more prominent on the page.  Behind this mat I added two additional layers of pattern paper as well as two Project Life (PL) 3"x4" cards.  In the centre on top of the PL cards I added a camera die from one of Kaisercrafts ephemera packs.

Next to the PL cards I placed some view finders that I had fussy cut from the 12" pattern paper.  I then grounded this with some washi tape.  The washi tape also worked to ground my title. My title is a combination of alphabet stickers and thickers.

In the top right corner I sewed down some strips of off cut Stampin' Up! ribbon. I cut the ribbon into a pennant shape.  On top of the ribbon I placed a half rosette.

I also decided to sew elements of my layout, such as down the left side along the blue pattern paper, along the diamond pattern paper, forming a right angle and then a final strip under the photo.

To give the illusion that the layers are joined seamlessly I added a chipboard love heart to the top. I also added two clusters of home made enamel dots.  I added a blue enamel dot to one of the view finder elements and a flair button to the other.  To finish it off I added a view finder sticker to the top, a sticker to the right of the photo, two 'tickets' held on by a blue paper clip, a camera wood veneer and ink splatters around the page.

I am really happy with how this layout turned out and the two pages together look fantastic.

The layout took approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.  The process video is four times the speed.  Below is a link to my process video as well as a still photo.

YouTube Process Video

Photo of layout
Products used:
  • Project Life core kit cards "Honey" & "Plus One"
  • BoBunny Modern Miss 12" Paper Collection Pack
  • Stampin' Up! Ribbon 
  • Kaisercraft ephemera
  • Studio Calico Wood Veneer
  • Tim Holtz grunge board heart
  • Tim Holtz Rosette Die
  • Heidi Swap Color Shine "Navy"
  • Mr Huey's "Pretty Pink" & "Sherbet"
  • Dylusions "Cherry Pie"
  • Taylored Expressions Sunglasses die
  • American Crafts Thickers
  • Washi Tape
  • Flair Button
  • Home made enamel dots
  • Paper clip from local stationary shop
Cheers FiLoMa

No comments: