Hi fellow crafters. Today I have another layout share for you as well as a corresponding process video. I have decided to try my hand at doing process videos. I must say it is an interesting process and I am amazed by the ladies, that I follow on YouTube, who do this on a regular basis. It certainly does take a lot of time to get the voice over right. Now on to my layout.
I have used BoBunny's Modern Miss paper range for my base paper and used the view finder paper as cut outs.
I cut a 3"x12" strip of white cardstock that I then stamp, with Tim Holtz Faded Denim ink, one of the telephones from the Flourishes "Call Me" stamp set randomly across the strip. Noticing that there was too much white space I then stamped the word 'hello' in the white space area. I feel that really rounded the strip out.
I matted my photo on to red cardstock as I felt that it got lost against the striped background paper. Two groups of cluster embellishments were added, one to the top left of the page and on to the bottom right, under the photo. I mimicked the clusters, which included using my Sizzix filmstrip die, view finder cut outs from the BoBunny paper and flair buttons. I also added a strip of washi tape between the white cardstock and the base paper as well as a small strip with the top left cluster. I added a Project Life card above the photo as well as red love heart chipboard and a wood veneer speech bubble that says "What's Up?".
As the photo is of my deceased dog Connor sitting on a chair next to a telephone, as if he is going to take a phone call, I added another piece of white cardstock cut down to 4"x6", used my binding style punch, punched along the side so it looked like a piece of paper torn from a note book and stapled a piece of ephemera to the top.
I added my title to the bottom left hand of the page, using American Craft thickers in a red glitter. I added a small bit of journalling and to finish it off used some Mr Huey's and Heidi Swap mists to splatter some ink around the page.
I am very happy with this layout. It took me approximately 45 minutes to complete, but I did have an idea in my head before I started so I believe this is why I was able to pull it together so quickly.
Here is a link to my process video and then a still photo is below that.
Photo of layout