Sunday 29 June 2014

Scrapbooking - Kit #01 - layout share "Such a Cheeky Face"

Hello fellow crafters. I continue to scrap photos of my deceased dog Connor and this photo just brought a smile to my face.  This layout has a corresponding process video.

The only thing I knew I wanted from this layout was lots of pattern paper layering.  There is no reason for this, it was just what I wanted to try. I have seen several of the ladies that I follow on YouTube do great layouts where they use several pieces of pattern papers to create many layers.

I started with a fairly plain based and I went around the edge of this paper with a black marker. I was not careful with my marker, I just drew a line and almost scribbled to create the line effect of where it is noticeable. I went through several of my papers to identify the patterns I wanted and I specifically looked for a combination of bright and muted papers.

The only paper that I really wanted to get on the layout, no matter what was the striped yellow piece that is the first layer the photo is mounted on to. It was this piece that was the basis for me pulling all the other papers.  From there all I did was just place a piece of pattern paper under a layer, say to myself that looks good and then use my ruler to tear it down to a size that I thought would work. I very much wanted all pattern paper to have an amount that reasonably showed.  To link the pieces of paper together, I went around the edges with my black marker, just like I did with the base page, almost scribbling my line on.

I added a doily that I had sprayed with a Mr Huey's mist to co-ordinate with the papers, but not necessarily match exactly in colour. I had also done some minimal stamping on the background base paper. My clusters were kept to a minimum with the odd quote sticker added to the bottom left and top right. The cluster to the bottom left is a cut from my Silhouette CAMEO, a camera cut out from the pattern paper and stamp with the date the photo was taken.

The title of the page "Such a Cheeky Face" is a combination of Teresa Collins tile alphabet stickers, Basic Grey alphabet stickers and American Craft thickers.

This layout took me approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.  The process video is four times the speed.  Below is a link to my process video followed by a still photo of the layout.

YouTube Process Video

Photo of layout
Products used:
  • Basic Grey Carte Postal 12" Collection Pack
  • Crate Paper 12"x12" paper pad "DIY Shop"
  • American Crafts 12"x12" paper pad "Best of"
  • American Craft Thickers Freedom
  • Kaisercraft stickers "Bluebelle" & "Pickled Pear"
  • Teresa Collins stickers "Summer Stories"
  • Basic Grey Periphery "Sugar" alphabet sticker sheet
  • Project Life core kit cards "Honey" collection
  • Silhouette CAMEO "xoxo"
  • Doily
  • Mr Huey's "Heirloom Blue"
  • Kaisercraft stamp "Calendar"
  • Close to my Heart stamp "Flight of the arrows flair"
Cheers FiLoMa


No comments: